Kate at Swim, Bike, Quilt announced a quilt drive back in August where you make a quilt alongside the DC Modern Quilt Guild and give your finished quilt to a local charity. You can read about it here and here. Now she’s kicked off a Quilt Along with the pattern Storytime Squares designed by Made by Rae.
I cannot think of a better quilt project for a beginner, it’s all squares, nothing on the bias. So, if you have waited to learn to quilt, jump in. I find I’m always more motivated to sew when it’s for a good cause. The quilt drive runs from September 15 – October 14, 2011.
Visit the 100 Kids Flickr group to share your progress or to be inspired.
- 100 Quilts for Kids charity event 2011
- Tutorial: Child’s quilt from Piece*Love*Quilt ministry
- “In a Twinkle” book giveaway for kids
- Made in Cherry Quilt Along | St. Ives
- Ta Dah!: Kids’ patchwork pillows