Alix from Mamaka Mills shares with us on her blog four memory quilts she just finished for a family in Ohio. A widow had kept her late husband’s clothing and from it she asked Alix to make a quilt for each of their three children. Plus one for her, shown. It’s a lovely thing to do to honor a memory. I always enjoy seeing what Alix creates from recycled goods. Go HERE to see entire post.
Image credit: Mamaka Mills
- Eugene’s quilt from clothes
- Memory Quilt from sister’s clothes
- Tutorial: Break down a shirt for quilting
- Mamaka gets noticed at Quilt Inspiration
- Tutorial: Joyal #22 Quilt Square