Wendy of Ivory Spring did a guest post at Riley Blake’s Cutting Corners College blog showing how to make two pillows (16″ and 18″ finished). She used The Simple Life fabric collection by Tasha Noel, which I adore for its sweetness.
For pillow A, she surrounded a single panel with Flying Geese piecing. For pillow B, she sashed four panels with striped strips (just like in a quilt) and then surrounded that unit with a border. I love the backing fabric she selected for the pillows too. Don’t miss this fabric line or project. Get the tutorial.
Image credit: Cutting Corners College
- Tutorial: Log Cabin Pincushion
- Tutorial: In Love pincushion
- Tutorial: Wild West Girls’ Quilt
- Tutorial: Quilted Chevron Pincushion by Maureen
- Tutorial: Circle of Geese