Diane Gilleland of CraftyPod did a guest post at Spoonflower showing how to make a set of placemats to successfully showcase large-scale graphical motifs. Starting with fabrics from a popular Spoonflower designer Holli Zollinger, she created three traditional hexagon shapes, but over-sized them. Her choice of solid gray fabric for the rest plus quilting a chevron pattern works! Get the tutorial.
Image credit: Spoonflower
By Scarlett Burroughs
- How Helen designs her own fabric
- Grinch and Cindy Lou Hoo quilted placemats
- Urban Sightings | Spoonflower’s fabric contest
- Tutorial: Attic Window block
- Tutorial: Modern Halves quilt…just wow!