I trolled the web looking for fussy cut fabric motifs. I found this wonderful example – a mermaid in a Dresden plate block by Rita from Free Falling blog.
Over the Labor Day weekend, my daughter fussy cut this quilt block. It’s another good example. Be sure and share your fussy cuts with other Craft Gossip readers. Upload to Flickr Craft Gossip Crafty Reviews and drop me an email to let me know.
Definition of Fussy Cut from About.com:Quilting
To fussy cut is to target and cut a specific motif that’s printed on fabric, rather than randomly cutting yardage as we normally do.
[tags]fussy cut, motifs, fabric, quilt blocks, Dresden plate, crazy piecing[/tags]
- Tutorial: Dresden Plate quilt block
- Tutorial: Finishing a Dresden Plate
- Tutorial: Plates for Your Table
- Tutorial: Lurlene’s Scrappy Dresden
- Ta Dah!: Fussy cut bird on a chair