I’m a huge fan of modernist fabric designer Laurie Wisbrun of Scarlet Fig. Sue is too, she sent her this photo of a potholder she made using some of her original fabric Birdies on Chairs Red. Sue used a fussy cut* technique in this snazzy log cabin block. Great fabric and execution. Thanks to you both for show and tell.
*You’re being fussy when you cut your fabric out in a way that keeps the entire motif intact.
[tags]technique, fabric designer, modern, bird, chair, Scarlet Fig, fussy cut, show and tell, potholder[/tags]
By Scarlett Burroughs
- Technique: Fussy cut to perfection
- Pattern pick: Fussy cut diamonds quilt
- Tutorial: Potholder and fusible thread for fast finish
- Technique: Fussy cutting fabric to isolate motif
- Urban Circus fat quarter giveaway