Amanda of The Patchsmith discusses the ins and outs of using fusible applique to create quilted mug rugs like the one shown here, a Valentine’s Day creation. Visit her post and you’ll feel inspired to create your own as she shows photos of eight mug rugs in all along with stitching advice. It’s not too late to whip up a Valentine’s Day mug rug, but these are great for any occasion, if only to add some cheer to your daily routine.
Image credit: The Patchsmith
By Scarlett Burroughs
- Pattern: Tea and Cake Mug Rug
- Pattern: Poppy Mug Rug for Remembrance Day
- Tutorial: Quilted Heart pillow
- Ta Dah!: Valentine Tumbler Quilt
- V-Day tutorials and contest at Bitter Sweet