Carla Hegemenn-Crimm at The Scientific Seamstress has created a paper bias tape maker (in two sizes) that is flat, unlike the metal kind you can buy at Hancock’s. My question was, does it burn? Carla says after some use it might start to but just print out a new one. Groovy, I wanna try this technique as I do not enjoy making quilt binding. Click here to get the half-inch or here to get the one inch. It’s a free printable.
Many thanks to Anne, CraftGossip’s sewing editor, for discovering this find and sharing it with me.
Image credit: The Scientific Seamstress
- Freebie: Christmas Truck paper piecing pattern
- Video: Quilt binding all on the machine
- Freebie: Printable gift tags
- Tutorial: Binding a quilt Wendy’s way
- Moon Rabbit embroidery pattern