Wanda from Exuberant Color managed to overcome the Dog Days of Summer in making ten Log Cabin blocks yesterday. She used batik in these which I don’t normally think of with a Log Cabin. They’re lovely and I’m inspired to do the same. I visit her blog often to see all the quilts she’s made over the years. Check out her current favorite Crooked Cobblestone 1 on the right hand pane. Breathtaking use of color and value!
[tags]Dog Days of Summer, Log Cabin blocks, quilting, batik fabric, cobblestone inspired quilt, summer heat, Dog Star, color, value[/tags]
By Scarlett Burroughs
- Book review: 101 Log Cabin Blocks
- The importance of thread color in quilting
- Stitch Guide coming our way
- 15 Minutes a Day Summer Sew-Along
- Tutorial: Folded Star ornaments