Ever wonder how the Quilts of Valor (QOV) Foundation got its start? I’m curious every time I talk about it on this blog. Jenny of Martingale’s Stitch This! blog wrote a nice long post about it to encourage readers to watch the Quilts of Valor documentary that premieres this week on PBS. By the way, Martingale is one of the sponsors.
She also wants quilters to get involved in the foundation and provides a link to a QOV-approved quilt pattern, free to download.
Image credit: Martingale’s Stitch This!
By Scarlett Burroughs
- Newsy: Quilts of Valor kick-off at Rabbit’s Lair
- Free pattern: American Valor by Jo Morton
- “Why Quilts Matter” documentary series on PBS
- Free pattern: Biker dude quilt
- Free pattern: Ship-Shape-Square Knot quilt