I often extol the benefits of precuts in getting a quilt done in record time, but how about precuts to help a young child not be faster, but be able to take part in making a blanket without having to handle anything sharp. Enter HearthSong who accomplishes this with Knot a Quilt, a Parent’s Choice Award wining kit. It comes with fleece precuts – 48 nine-inch squares in several bright colors. The child ties the fringed edges of the squares, for ages 6 and up. This could be an inexpensive introduction to quilt making.
By Scarlett Burroughs
- A good laugh and choosing colors in quilts
- Tip: Value trumps color in successful quilts
- That’ll do HearthSong: Portable light box
- WIP: Origami Flying Geese quilt
- Pattern for two Dresden quilts