The colorful patched up building in this urban landscape reminds me of the work of Gee’s Bend quilters for its improvisational style. Further, it demonstrates the concept of making something from what is readily available. Artwork by Amze Emmons.
Thanks goes to The Jealous Curator for introducing me to artist Amze Emmons.
Image credit: Exhibition catalog for Disintegration and Sprawl art show at the Christina Ray Gallery, NYC.
- Inspiration: Virtual art gallery
- Patchwork inspiration for fall | inchies
- Event: A Geoclectic Extravaganza
- Inside Out Monday Mini Quilt
- Patchwork bag for yarn projects