This gorgeous quilt, Isaiah 58, is the work of Debby Schnabel and is part of her Housetop Quilt exhibit in Nashville, TN. She mixes color, texture and her Christian faith in her work often embroidering scripture verses right into the quilt top. She got her inspiration from the ladies of Gee’s Bend; see their Housetop Quilt below. I talked about it here.
See a slideshow of the Housetop Quilt Exhibit HERE.
Image credit: Housetop Quilt Exhibit Gallery
By Scarlett Burroughs
- Work Clothes kit by Gee’s Bend quilter
- Gee’s Bend Housetop quilt kit
- Giveaway: Gee’s Bend potholder
- Louise meets Mary Ann Pettway of Gee’s Bend
- Ta Dah!: Wordy pillow at Badskirt