When you blow up a single quilt block and throw in some fun fabric, you get an adorable blanket for a child. Finishing at 51-1/2″ square, this quilt would make a great first project for a newbie quilter or the experienced quilter who just needs a quick-to-sew gift. Jennifer Keltner shows you how to make it at All People Quilt. The instructions are in the text of the slideshow or you can download a PDF. Get the know-how.
Image credit: All People Quilt
Ed. note: I missed this pattern when it first came out, but it’s still worth a look for holiday sewing, guild projects and the like. Plus, any quilt block could be substituted.
By Scarlett Burroughs
- Free pattern: Cassette tape block
- Free pattern: Deer quilt block
- Free pattern: Garden Party block by Megan
- Free pattern: Pin This quilt block
- Tute and free pattern: French cuisine tea towel