Helen of Bustle and Sew offers up a pattern for her Scrappy Union Jack flag applique, shown. Of the project she explains,
It’s really, really easy and is a great way to use up your scraps – particularly if, like me, you have a huge pile of very small pieces of fabric that you don’t want to throw away, but aren’t quite sure what to do with them. There’s no hemming or turning, just position and stitch.
Image credit: Bustle and Sew
- 2013 Bustle and Sew calendar a perk
- Free pattern: Funky Chick Embroidery
- Free pattern: Country Village Tea Cozy
- Free pattern: Hyacinth in Teacup
- Bustle and Sew newsletter subcribers get free ezine *this weeked only*