I received a review copy of the book Fresh Fabric Treats: Sixteen Yummy Projects to Sew from Jelly Rolls, Layer Cakes and More from C&T Publishing | StashBooks.
Things I love about the book: The concept. The book showcases the projects from 15 Moda Bake Shop designers (chefs) – all have web sites or blogs that many of us already follow. Here’s a list of the designers and where to find them when they’re not baking.
- John Q. Adams - Quilt Dad
- Lissa Alexander - Moda Lissa
- Natalia Bonner - Piece N Quilt
- Vanessa Christenson – V and Co.
- Vickie Eapen – Spun Sugar Quilts
- Jenny Garland – Jenny Garland
- Rachel Griffith – ps i quilt
- Julie Herman – Jaybird Quilts
- Roslyn Mirrington – Bloom
- Melissa Mortenson – the polkadot chair
- Amanda Jean Nyberg – Crazy Mom Quilts
- Monica Solorio-Snow – Happy Zombie
- Sweetwater – make life sweet
- Kimberly Walus – bitty bits and pieces
- Angela Yosten – Angela Yosten
I like the variety of projects offered in the book. There are several quilts and bags, a block holder book, table runner, pillow, sewing kit, jewelry wallet, laptop sleeve and pouch.
Things to note: You must start with fabric pre-cuts in these projects. So, if you want to use yardage you need to cut it to the pre-cut sizes called for in the recipe for the instructions to work.
By Scarlett Burroughs
- Tutorial: Chair scarf with yo-yo border
- Book review: Stash Happy: Patchwork
- Book review: Jelly Roll Sampler Quilts
- Newsy: Pat Sloan designing fabric for Moda
- Book Review: Pretty Little Mini Quilts